We just got home (well, a couple of days ago) from the best honeymoon ever. It was relaxing, fun, silly and romantic. Here are some highlights:
Here are pictures!
- Friday and Saturday: We drove down. I hate Georgia. The state should be plowed over. The traffic there was awful. My favorite was the lane closings for no apparent reason. Well planning, Georgia. Besides that, the drive was great! Our Florida home for the week was at the Star Island resort. We had a one bedroom condo (thanks Dad!). It was great.
- Sunday: We traveled to Ybor (near Tampa) to go to church at Relevant (love that church). Afterwards we ate at a little french crepe place. Funny story...Aaron ordered a crepe that had rum and bananas (the rum, of course, was suppose to have the alcohol burned out). The guy making it had a bad lighter. After several attempts at lighting the rum, he gave up and served it to Aaron as is, alcohol and all. We watched the whole thing (the guy had no idea we saw this). Good thing I was driving. Haha. After lunch, we drove to the beach to walk around, pick up shells and enjoy the weather. That night we headed back to Orlando to eat at Boma, an African buffet inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge in Disney.
- Monday: We drove to Cocoa Beach to spend the day. The wind was so bad that the sand literally hurt us while attempting to lay out. It was like a full body microdermabrasion treatment. We decided to walk the beach instead. In 15 minutes, our blanket was 70% covered in sand. We swam a little and jumped waves. At night, we had dinner at California Grill. It is supposed to be the most romantic restaurant in Disney. I would have to agree. It is located on top of the Contemporary Resort which means you get a great view of the Magic Kingdom. We had reservations right at the fireworks time so we sat at our table as they piped in the Wishes music and watched the show. Amazing.
- Tuesday: It was a lot cooler that day so we took it easy. We walked around Downtown Disney, had lunch at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club and then took a nice long nap. For dinner, we ate at a place I've never been to (shocking, I know!) It was a sushi place called Kimonos located inside the Swan Resort in Disney. The food was awesome.... well...except for the shrimp that still had it's eyeballs. Aaron ate his. I did not. (That's just nasty. And I believe I accidentally launched my shrimp eyeballs across the table.) But they did surprise us with free champagne (since we were on our honeymoon). Nice!
- Wednesday: Surprise Dawson day! Dawson had no clue we were in Orlando. He was there with my awesome mom...spending his spring break doing something fun while we were away (thanks Mom!) So we planned to surprise him at the Magic Kingdom. We arrived first and stood at the front of Main Street. He came into view with my mom and had the most shocked look on his face. Did a double take and then I watched him mouth "Mom? MOM? MOMMY?" He ran as fast as he could and jumped into my arms. There is nothing better than moments like that. We spent the day with him and my mom. It was an awesome day.
- Thursday: Aaron and I spent the day in Epoct. Went on rides, ate a lot of food (Le Cellier, the best restaurant in Epcot), walked around the countries, etc. I tortured him with pictures of stupid hats. Then we met up with my mom and Dawson to watch the fireworks.
- Friday: Do nothing day! We slept in, ate breakfast at Fort Wilderness, went to the outlet malls, hung out by the pool, took a nap, etc. Then to finish up the night, we ate at Spoodles. It is a Mediterranean style restaurant at the Boardwalk resort. I've never been there before and I was extremely pleased. Food was awesome and the atmosphere was great!
- Saturday: Packed up and went to Kona Cafe at the Polynesian to indulge in one last fantastic breakfast. They surprised us at the end with a free pastry plate since we were...as you can probably guess...honeymooners. Then we hotel hopped for a bit and got on the road. Georgia, like the way down, took forever. (Have I mentioned I dislike that state?) We ended up at the same hotel we stayed on the way down and get this...the same exact room. How weird!
- Sunday: We arrived home around 6ish. To our surprise, Aaron's family had a bunch of Easter goodies waiting for us (snacks, desserts, turkey) and an Easter basket for Dawson. It was the perfect thing to munch on while unpacking! They are so sweet!
Here are pictures!